Freezer Happy

Once Danny and I closed escrow on our first home together I wanted to start cooking and organizing the kitchen right away. It was probably what I dreamed about most even before we had the house. But soon after moving in home ownership was a reality and some issues had to be taken care of immediately. Now, by all means I am not saying we had it bad, we just had a few bumps in the road that had to be dealt with. It started in the kitchen with a funny smell, then a dirty refrigerator and some animal hair. After some close inspecting, an exterminator, a floor expert and a carpet cleaning later we knew what to do. The end result: clean floors and baseboards (even though we are going to replace them soon), a beautiful, brand spanking new refrigerator and bi-monthly visits from our neighborhood exterminator for extra precaution. Not to mention one happy couple.

So to celebrate with our new refrigerator we went grocery shopping and I cooked all day long for a few days. One day I concentrated on oven ready meals. Family size meals that go from the freezer into a pipping hot oven and ready in an hour or so. No pots or pans required, just some hungry tummies. 


I placed these dishes in disposable containers, covered them with plastic wrap and foil, then the clear lid the container came with. I also put a post-it on top of the foil with additional directions. It just makes it easier when we don't want to cook, not to mention clean up free. 

Now to make this blog even more exciting I just wanted to show you my freezer in its entirety. Not just because I have a picture of it, but because I like an organized freezer. I can't stand an over crowded freezer, with items that you think you might want or so crowded you forget something and then see it a year later. 
So I try to keep it minimal, but with essential items I know I'll use. 

---- Chilled Beer Mug & Skinny Items like Bacon or Ice Packs


---- My Oven Ready Meals 


---- Breakfast Stuff: Sausage Patties & Links, Bread, Waffles ....

---- Sweet Drawer: Ice Cream, Peach Pie, Cookie Dough
        (Coffee Grounds and Whole Beans in the Door)
---- Veggie Drawer: Frozen Peas, Spinach, Pearl Onions & Corn
(Other Small Item Stuff in the Door)


Comments

Post a Comment