Pineapple Coconut Smoothie

I saw Bobby Flay make this shake and it seemed so refreshing I had to try it. So after work I went straight to the store to get my ingredients... a coconut, coconut milk, coconut water, coconut ice cream ... I was obviously craving coconut!


Bobby's Recipe
 Although Bobby's recipe looked delicious I didn't follow it exactly. Here is my recipe. 

2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
1 cup coconut ice cream (Coconut Bliss Brand)
3/4 cup coconut water
1/2 cup cultured coconut milk
1/4 cup fresh shaved coconut
4 to 5 coconut water ice cubes 

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
  Bobby Flay suggested freezing coconut water for ice cubes. What a great idea. Also Bobby's original recipe calls for greek yogurt, but I used cultured coconut milk. It gives it the same tang that greek yogurt would give, yet not overwhelming. 



Comments