Kayla's Kale Salad

One of my dearest friends made this recipe for a day out by the pool. I fell in love with it and I'm pretty sure I ate the majority of her hearty greens. Was I suppose to share? Anyways, raw kale may not be everyone's favorite, but the fresh lime juice with garlic and avocado softly coats each leaf, making it so delicious. This is a summertime must and the best part is that it's really good for you inside and out.

Recipe

2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 limes, juiced
1 avocado, cut into slivers, then cut diagonally & spooned out
1 bunch kale, stem removed & roughly chopped
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeds discarded and diced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 raw pumpkin seeds (optional)


First, in the bottom of a large bowl mixed minced garlic with the freshly squeezed lime juice. Add avocado pieces and stir. The lime juice with keep the avocado green. Add chopped kale, cilantro, tomato, cucumber and red onion. Toss together and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking whether more salt and pepper or lime juice. Refrigerate for an hour at least or overnight at the most.

NOTE: For additional options add fresh zucchini to the salad. Kayla adds quinoa for a nutty touch or raw pumpkin seeds would add a nice crunch. I also have added green cabbage to this for a crisp texture.


I Instagramed my Kale Salad with Ginger & Sweet Chili Marinated & Grilled Chicken


Comments