Shopping List & Menu + Thanksgiving Day Countdown

My favorite holiday is right around the corner and today I start the countdown. I need to get my grocery list together, go shopping (yay!), begin defrosting my turkey and start my holiday prep. The prep will begin with the pie dough, make and refrigerate. Then I'll cut and wash my veggies like leeks, carrots & celery! Put then in individual plastic baggies and put in the fridge til it's time to use them!


Here is my menu for this years Thanksgiving:


Thanksgiving Dinner:

Oven Roasted Turkey with Pink Peppercorns, Citrus & Sage
Bourbon Thyme Gravy
Green Bean Casserole with Bacon & Shallots 
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Pumpkin Cornbread Stuffing with Leeks & Sage Sausage
Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
Classic Pumpkin Pie
I have to mention that each dish above is Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free & Egg-Free, except for the pie crust which has dairy & eggs in it. Recipes to follow asap!

You can check out what I have done in the past few years!

Shopping List: 

Meat:
TURKEY
Jimmy John's Ground Sage Sausage (1 8-oz package)
Thick Cut Bacon (1/2 lb)

Produce:
Oranges (2)
Lemons (2)
Sage
Parsley
Leeks (3-4)
Onions (4)
Garlic Heads (2)
Shallots (3-4)
Sweet Potatoes (6)
Yukon Gold or Russet Potato (6)
Green Beans (2 lbs)
Celery (2 Stocks)
Carrots (4-5)
 Cranberries (1 bag)
Pomegranates (2)

 Dairy:
Vegan Butter (Earth Balance, Soy Free)
Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
Rice Milk

Baking:
Corn Meal (Fine/Med. Grind)
Corn Flour
Gluten Free Pie Crust
Oats (Gluten Free)

Misc:
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Nutmeg
Pink Peppercorns
Chicken/Vegetable Broth (2 boxes)



Notes: 
1. I am assuming flour, sugar, brown sugar and other baking essentials are already in your pantry, therefore excluding them from the list.
2. Jimmy Dean Sausage is not tested for gluten contaminants, but not have any gluten/wheat ingredients listed.
3. The links above are what I am using as the base for my recipes, which obviously will be tweaked and revised.
4. You can make your own Cream of Mushroom soup or you can buy it. Either is delicious. I tried this recipe and it turned out great! 
5. When it comes to onion, celery & carrots I usually buy a large bag of each. They will last and you can use them for other recipes after Thanksgiving is over.

Comments